Tuesday, February 1, 2011

MRI - Rebel Hideout Discovered


Well its official.  I have a cavernous malformation in my brain :(  The radiologist comes back with these findings after reviewing the MRI:
1.0 x 0.4 x 0.9 cm focal lesion in the anterior aspect of the 
medulla most consistent with cavernous angioma.

Here is the picture of my brain that shows this little darling planted in the medulla of my brainstem.

Cavernous malformation in brainstem as seen on MRI taken with contrast, side view

As the neurologist discussed with me later, "Its not that big, its just in the wrong location."  The brain stem controls the vital functioning of the human body.


4 comments:

  1. Josh! Yours is in the same spot as mine! I know I should be studying for that exam I was talking about, but your scans drew me in... Is it in the right or left portion of your medulla? Our scans look so similar! There are many questions I have for you, but I suppose I can find them by rooting around in your blog :) I will come back after I've studied :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know we could be twins :) Its like I ripped off your scan! Its mostly left side initially just like you. But looks like mine has grown more to the right on the MRI from this past weekend.

    Back to procrastinating :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, it does look like a rip-off :P Mine is in the right portion, so my bodily symptoms were all on the left (except when my stem swelled which caused numbness and weakness in my right hand).

    Going to root now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

      Delete