Friday, February 25, 2011

New Symptoms, Full Time Gig Stress

Just when I think I am out of the woods.
Not out of the woods.  photo: Alexander Torrenegra via flickr.

Something has changed in the ramp up to my starting full time March 1st with this company from part time consultant status (the difference between 35-40 hours a week and 50-60 hours, its silicon valley after all).

Some of the symptoms come back in a light way.  Slight numbness of left foot/toes and hand, but more disconcerting is the pulsating pain/pressure that I now have in the roof of my mouth.  I feel it and it seems to coincide with my heart beating.  This is new.  Its unpleasant.  Its frightening.  I notice this peaking particularly while at a conference I am attending on the company's behalf, and towards the end of the day I am having a harder time focusing on the topics at hand and getting a particularly washed out feeling that will be repeated over the next year while under higher stress.

Did I just have a new bleed?  I call to discuss with the neurosurgeon's office, and its suggested that I get a new MRI done.  I just had one done but this had been done with a different medical facility and this new MRI will be done to this doctor's specifications as its the radiology group out of UCSF.

No comments:

Post a Comment