Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 5 - Working - Not Driving

Did I mention that while all this is going on, dealing with the after effects of my small brain hemorrhage, I am still working?  At least I have been on call to keep systems alive.  This is what I write to my colleagues that are expecting me to show up for the usual Monday meeting:

I will not be coming on site tomorrow but should be dialing in fine
for at least all hands if not scrum also.


I have a nice case of Vertigo, acquired likely as a decent bout of
altitude sickness (never heard of this until having it!).  Anyway operating
heavy machinery now out of the question, but can still be minimally
productive with being on calls, on-call, etc.  Expecting to improve as week
goes on and today much better than yesterday.

So I could sit at a computer.  That's good at least.  But drive a car?  Forgetaboutit.  Fortunately the anti-nausea medication seemed to be helping and after a couple of days I no longer needed to be taking it to seem halfway normal.  The numbness is fading.

No comments:

Post a Comment