Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day 0 - Backgrounder

Just a bit of backgrounder leading up to my 1st angioma bleed.  At the time I was working for a high growth mobile social networking startup in San Francisco.  This was December 2010.  Pressure was intense, the company fast paced, the days long and nights longer.

Having headaches had been a regular thing for me.  Borderline migraines, and often treated with higher doses of ibuprofen.  Having a little baby in the house (and other little kids besides), taking a benedryl as a sleep aid was also fairly common.  No stranger to headaches, I didn't think much of it, and figured it was work stress related and sleep deprivation.

I had had another period of chronic work stress and accompanying headaches during a rough 12-18 months prior when I had worked for another startup.   It had been just acquired and dealing with the integration madness that ensued as a manager, I found myself buried and found regular severe headaches a result.  It seems likely now that the seeds of rebellion were being sown already.

But I always figured the headaches were normal...

No comments:

Post a Comment